Hungry Eight-year-old Boy Dies Of Accidental Drug Overdose After ‘mistaking Meth For Cereal’ As Dad Charged

0
Hungry Eight-year-old Boy Dies Of Accidental Drug Overdose After ‘mistaking Meth For Cereal’ As Dad Charged

A HUNGRY eight-year-old boy died of an accidental drug overdose after allegedly mistaking meth for cereal.

Curtis Collman had 180 times over the lethal limit of methamphetamine in his bloodstream when he fell ill on June 21.

Curtis Collman, eight, died of an accidental drug overdose after allegedly mistaking meth for cereal

Police were called to his grandparents home in Crothersville, Indiana, and he was taken to Schneck Medical Center where he later died.

The boy’s dad, also called Curtis Collman, has since been charged with neglect of a dependent causing death and if found guilty, faces up to 40 years in prison.

It’s alleged that on the morning of his death, Curtis woke his dad up telling him he was hungry but Collman told his son there was no food in the house.

Collman, 41, later admitted to police while there was no food, he did have methamphetamine in the house and that he’d left some on a plate, WDRB reports.

The boy’s dad, also called Curtis Collman, has since been charged with neglect of a dependent causing death

The youngster allegedly woke his dad pleading for something to eat because he was hungry on the morning of his death

Police believe the boy had ingested the methamphetamine, thinking it was food.

The affidavit states that “a clear glass plate was located in the kitchen area,” which had a “brownish in colour, crystal-like substance” on it.

Cops added: “Methamphetamine can be brownish in colour, and crystal-like.

“One officer commented the brown crystal on the plate could have been mistaken for cereal crumbs with no lights in the apartment.”

Police believe the boy had confused ‘brown crystals of meth’ with cereal pieces

It’s also alleged that Collman refused to seek medical treatment for his son over fears he’d be sent to prison.

Police say he knew the child needed medical help for four hours before anyone was contacted.

He eventually took the boy to his parents home where a man called 911 and reported that a child wasn’t breathing.

When Curtis eventually arrived at hospital, there was nothing that could be done to save him and he was pronounced dead.

Curtis Collman senior is accused of refusing to seek medical treatment for his son for at least four hours after realising he needed to see a doctor

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here