ALVARO MORATA has confirmed he is staying at Chelsea this season.
Morata had been linked with a move away from Stamford Bridge after struggling to show his best form following his £58million move from Real Madrid last year.
Getty – Contributor Alvaro Morata has confirmed he will be staying at Chelsea this season
The 25-year-old struck just 11 Premier League goals in his debut campaign in England and ended up second choice to Olivier Giroud in Antonio Conte’s plans.
But after holding heart-to-heart talks with new Chelsea boss Maurizio Sarri and club director Marina Granovskaia, Morata has now committed himself to staying with the Blues.
He told the Mirror: “On the first day of pre-season I spoke to Marina Granovskaia and with the manager and I said: ‘I want to stay at Chelsea’.
“They told me: ‘We have a lot of confidence in you and we want you to stay too.’ So everything was perfect.
REUTERS Morata tasted success in the FA Cup last season but struggled to find his best form in his first year at Chelsea Chelsea star Alvaro Morata’s beautiful wife Alice Campello gives birth to twins
Getty – Contributor Morata has benefited from a full pre-season with Chelsea and is looking to make an big impact this season
“All the people said I wanted to leave, that I was not happy in London but its not true.
“Now I have taken another house, a bigger one, near to Cobham.
“My wife is very happy. When everyone is talking about the possibility to leave I am here looking for a house.
“So the story is finished and I can’t wait for Sunday’s game.”
Morata is hoping to lead the Chelsea attack at Wembley tomorrow in the Community Shield clash with Manchester City.